The cliché is that the mark of a good team is one that can win even when they play poorly.
But after Louisville City FC’s 1-0 victory over Loudoun United FC at Lynn Family Stadium on Saturday night, it continues to feel like there have been too many performances by the Eastern Conference titleholders already this season. rice field.
“We’re happy with the three points, but we’re far from the performance we expect from the group,” said Lu City head coach Danny Cruz. To start the game better, no question about it. I think they were probably overwhelmed there for the whole first half. We missed a few chances that we probably needed to finish, but I thought their energy and mentality were on a better level than ours. “
Cameron Lancaster’s goal early in the second half was amply proven by Oliver Semmur’s ninth shutout of the season, but Louisville is even more in line as the Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC visit Wednesday night. You feel like you need to get better.
Here are some of the takeaways we picked up from last weekend.
– Anthony Sheaha we do everything online Monterey Bay FC right now. Conceded 3 goals, 24 saves and 1 PK save in the last 4 appearances. It’s wonderful.
– Protecting the road requires a certain amount of organization and collective conviction FC Tulsa They kept their early lead against Indie Eleven. I may have been lucky at times, but it’s a big win.
– Las Vegas Lights FC While not winning per se, the Never Say Die Kids continue to be a pain for teams facing them, as has been seen twice in the past week.
– Enzo MartinezOn the one hand, it remains attractive Birmingham Legion FC. He has 12 combined goals and assists, one short of the league leader and double that of his closest teammate.
– It’s definitely good news San Diego Royal SC To get out of a no-win battle.I would like to play against someone else Hartford Athleticbut.