New Zealand vs. USWNT – International Friendly
date: January 21, 2023
venue: Eden Park; Auckland/Tamaki Makaulau, New Zealand
broadcast: HBO Max, Universe, Peacock
Airtime: 4pm NZT (Pre-match coverage on January 20 at 10pm ET, 9:30pm ET on HBO Max)
Official kick-off time: 4:05 pm NZT (10:05 pm ET on Jan 20)
Start of XI vs New Zealand: 18- Casey Murphy; 2- Ashley Sanchez, 3- Alana Cooke, 8- Sofia Huerta, 9- Mallory Swanson, 12- Naomi Gilma, 13- Alex Morgan (Captain), 16- Rose Ravel, 17- Andy Sullivan, 19 -Crystal Dan, 25 Trinity Rodman
Submarines available: 1 – Alyssa Nahar, 4 – Becky Sauerbrand, 5 – Hayley Mace, 6 – Lynn Williams, 7 – Ashley Hatch, 11 – Midge Peirce, 14 – Emily Sonnett, 15 – Sam Coffey, 20 -Taylor Cornick, 21- Adriana Franchi, 22- Christy Muse, 23- Emily Fox
game notes | | 5 things you should know
- USWNT Starting XI Cap Numbers (including this match): Morgan (202), Dan (128), Lovell (86), Swanson (84), Sullivan (39), Huerta (27), Cook (21), Sanchez (19), Gilma (12), Murphy (12), Rodman (12)
- Auckland’s line-up features six different players from the Starting XI that played out in the US’s New Year’s game in Wellington. Alyssa Neher’s goal is Casey Murphy, Becky Sauerbrunn and Emily Fox’s defense is Alana Cook and Sofia Huerta, Andy Sullivan and Ashley Sanchez. Midge Peirce’s Trinity Rodman tops the midfield between Taylor Cornick and Lindsay Horan (who returned to Lyon, France to play for her club this weekend).
- This starting XI is averaging 57 caps per player. Morgan and Dunn are the only players in the lineup with over 100 caps, and his four players in Sanchez, Gilma, Murphy and Rodman will be in the game in less than his 20 USWNT international appearances. .
- Mallory Swanson (2 goals), Trinity Rodman (2 assists) and Alex Morgan (1 goal) are in the starting line-up among the six players directly involved in four goals for the USA against the Football Ferns in Wellington . , Rose Ravel (1 assist) and Ashley Sanchez (1 assist). Lynn Williams, who scored the final goal in America’s fourth goal, started on the bench.
- Alex Morgan After scoring her 120th international goal against Football Ferns on January 18, she captained the USA in Oakland to earn her 202nd career cap. Her Wellington goal was her 13th since becoming a mother, and Morgan, who is tied with Joy Fawcett for the most goals scored as a mother in USWNT history, scored against New Zealand. He has eight goals in nine career appearances.
- casey murphy We’ll see her first act the year she turns 12th US international appearances. Having recorded six shutouts in nine appearances in 2022, Murphy will make his USWNT debut in Australia at the end of 2021 and record his first career shutout in his first cap in Sydney on 27 November 2021. Did.
- Ashley Sanchez win her 19th Cap as she made her 7th career start with the USWNT. Sanchez assisted Swanson’s goal with her 63.rd It was the fourth assist of her career in the first minute of America’s 4-0 win over Ferns in Wellington.
- defender Alana Cook make her 20th Career start at 21st American cap. Cook, who led the USWNT in total hours played in 2022, came off the bench in the USWNT’s victory over New Zealand on 18 January.
- Sofia Huerta I plan to make her 15 years oldth start and 26USWNT overall cap. Huerta has now played in all of the last 17 games for the United States. This dates back to his April 9 friendly against Uzbekistan, where he tied Rose with his Ravel for the longest active streak of any player on this roster.
- 2 goal performance against New Zealand, forward Mallory Swanson she scores 84th Career cap in Auckland. Swanson, who scored a career-high seven goals for the USA in 2022, scored twice for Wellington to record his fourth career multi-goal, taking his career tally to 27 and scoring 24. bottom.th Always in USWNT history.
- Naomi Gilma She scored 12, making her second consecutive start for the United States at centre-back.th American cap. Girma, who made his senior national debut for his team on April 12, 2022, will now start six of his last seven games for the United States.
- Rose Ravel make her 86th International appearances and her 10th American consecutive starters. Ravel assisted Alex Morgan’s goal at Wellington, recording his 18th career assist. His 12 of them have been achieved in his 35 caps, the last of which dates back to February 2021.
- midfielder Andy Sullivan earn her 39th Caps as she makes her first start in 2023 and 31st The beginning of her international career. Football Sullivan, who appeared at halftime against Ferns in Wellington on 18 January, has started all 15 of his appearances for the USA national team in 2022 and finished last year’s team’s total minutes. finished in his third place.
- defender Crystal Dunn Second consecutive start in USWNT as she is set to score 128th cap. At Wellington he played 45 minutes as Dunn started for his USWNT for the first time since 16 September 2021. It was also his 11th place appearance in his first appearance for the United States since giving birth to his son Marcel in May 2022.
- After two assists in the 4-0 win over Football Ferns in Wellington, trinity rodman She earns 12 and starts her career for the third timeth USWNT overall cap. USA in October 2022He is EuropeanHe has started on the tour against England and Spain.The 20-year-old Rodman, against New Zealand in January 2017, had two assists and one in his had two assists, making him the youngest USWNT player since 2017. .He 18 in Wellington.