Here are the other young players who made headlines this weekend…
– Knight Pickering, Memphis 901 FC – The 18-year-old United States youth international made his first league start of the season by assisting Luis Fernando’s opening goal, making 11 of 12 passes and garnering praise from 901 FC head coach Stephen Glass. , put a powerful shift.
– Christopher Garcia, El Paso Locomotive FC – The El Paso native came off the bench in the second half and scored with a shot. His late winning goal gave Locomotive FC their fifth consecutive league win.
– Matthew Corcoran, Birmingham Region FC – How about a 25-yard stunner as your first professional goal? Corcoran and Legion FC didn’t do well in Pittsburgh, but that attack was world class.
– Lida Zuhir, San Antonio FC – Immediate impact is always a good thing, and the 19-year-old made his debut on loan from Club de Foote Montreal with 14 minutes left in San Antonio vs. Charleston, coming on in the closing minutes. picked up an assistant.
– Elijah Winder, Louisville City FC – Brother Winder made an impact after halftime against Miami FC, making 15-of-17 passes as part of Brian Ownby’s winning build-up.
– Ben Norris, Orange County, South Carolina – Congrats to the 16-year-old for making his pro debut in the OCSC’s final contest against Oakland. Hopefully it will be the first of many.